- Nimrod has accepted my poems "Silent Mail" and "Cicada" for publication. Memoir Journal has taken "Epitaphs for Katrina."
- I tried listening to the audiobook for Julian Barnes' A Sense of an Ending but the last disc had a flaw in the last track so I couldn't get a sense of the ending.
- In the Iliad, we see how rage strips away thought of the future and memory of the past. In that sense, it is the truest form of the present tense.
- A Rosario Castellanos quote sent in a letter from a friend: "El hombre es animal de soledades, / ciervo con una flecha en el ijar / que huye y se desangra."
- Aftermath - N - 1: that which happens after (usually a negative). 2: the second growth after the first hay mowing.
- I arrived early at the Anne Carson reading. It was a panel performance of sections of her translation of Antigonick. For a sound check, she went from microphone to microphone saying we learn by suffering. We learn by suffering.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Glancing at a receipt for a flannel shirt this morning, I saw the shirt itemized as wovens . Now I realize I'm not in a strong posi...
It's not easy being an American abroad. Between being peppered with questions about politics and having your feet stick off the en...
NOTES FOR A FAILED NOVEL Tórshavn, Faroe Islands Start with the location, basaltic hills, green against the grey sweep of the North At...