- Nimrod has accepted my poems "Silent Mail" and "Cicada" for publication. Memoir Journal has taken "Epitaphs for Katrina."
- I tried listening to the audiobook for Julian Barnes' A Sense of an Ending but the last disc had a flaw in the last track so I couldn't get a sense of the ending.
- In the Iliad, we see how rage strips away thought of the future and memory of the past. In that sense, it is the truest form of the present tense.
- A Rosario Castellanos quote sent in a letter from a friend: "El hombre es animal de soledades, / ciervo con una flecha en el ijar / que huye y se desangra."
- Aftermath - N - 1: that which happens after (usually a negative). 2: the second growth after the first hay mowing.
- I arrived early at the Anne Carson reading. It was a panel performance of sections of her translation of Antigonick. For a sound check, she went from microphone to microphone saying we learn by suffering. We learn by suffering.
Friday, October 19, 2012
These words are not meant to be read in their entirety. Skim them the way this plane skims the cloud layer, jostling sometim...
It's not easy being an American abroad. Between being peppered with questions about politics and having your feet stick off the en...
NOTES FOR A FAILED NOVEL Tórshavn, Faroe Islands Start with the location, basaltic hills, green against the grey sweep of the North At...