Lines from unfinished poems, discarded drafts, and excised edits:
- Kiss or chimera, my classical stoicism slipped away / as light spilled over the border from Windsor.
- Silence / filled the gap between us, tall grass damp / beneath our palms. We found a way / to take summer on the chin.
- And that girl / in the supermarket wearing a jean jacket that partially obscured / the word on her shirt – did those block letters read peace / or peach?
- I have evaded even memory, the concrete underground, / flower sellers, the way bodies jar / against one another / in the jolt of speed.
- The lit tracer of a rocket transfixed / the camera phone of a rebel before coming to light / on the selfsame city block where he stood, recording / its arc.
- If I said I scored, it was because we were keeping score.
- The failure of the sign is itself a sign.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.